Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do I get excel to not display the word true or false in a formula?

I have a formula =IF(H46=TRUE,0.0775*J44,';';), and this is tied into a checkbox. So when the checkbox is selected, the formula becomes true. What is happening is as soon as the checkbox is selected, the word true appears next to it.How do I get excel to not display the word true or false in a formula?
Your checkbox is linked to a cell. Once you check or uncheck the box, the cell will contain either TRUE or FALSE. Generally, people hide the column/row that the checkbox results go into. Looking at your formula, you should have your checkbox linked to cell H46. Your IF formula needs to be in a different cell (not in H46).How do I get excel to not display the word true or false in a formula?
Take out the =TRUE, its not needed.





IF(H46,0.0775*J44,';';) should work.





I didn't try it, but hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment