Sunday, February 7, 2010

True or False? If someone wears a shirt of their candidates face will they be able to vote?

Details and sources! Websites. Esp sources where this is absolutely true. I heard that if you come in with a shirt on with your candidate on it you will not be able to vote because you will be considered to be soliciting. Is this true? A fast response is very much appreciated. Thank You.True or False? If someone wears a shirt of their candidates face will they be able to vote?
It's not a true or false answer. It's possible you will be turned away, and it's also possible no one would say a word to you.True or False? If someone wears a shirt of their candidates face will they be able to vote?
Here's a few articles about this. It should answer your question.


However, I'm also getting information claiming it's true in DC, Kansas and NY.





I recommend wearing a jacket over your shirt or just leave the shirt at home just to be sure.





http://obsprimary.blogspot.com/2008/09/c鈥?/a>





You can't in Kansas. It's the law.


http://www.kansas.com/224/story/543927.h鈥?/a>





Just don't wear it, just in case.
Not sure what state you are in. In Texas you are not allowed to electioneer or loiter within 100 feet of a voting facility. Of course it is open for interpretation on what electioneering actually is. In my opinion it would constitute as wearing a supportive shirt or other item. It is up to the discretion of the election officials in your county. I would contact your local officials so you and no one else is in any violation and can cast their vote.
YES, it is a way to suppress voter turnout.... especially among young democrats who tend to wear t-shirts with their candidates face.





However, they can just turn the shirt inside out....











Many states have this rule like georgia for example:


http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/voting_鈥?/a>


stroll all the way to the very bottom where you question is discussed.
I don't think that could possibly be true. I mean isn't that what the whole campaign for presidency is about... solicitation of the candidate? Also, I think you would hear either news personnel or campaign personnel address this issue so voters wouldn't be sent away. I'm pretty sure it's just a rumor.
Funny you should mention that, because I was just told the exact same thing today.


To my understanding, it is considered campaigning at the polls.


Of course, I do not know if that's a fact, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
You cannot campaign for a candidate within 1000 feet of a polling station.





The law is intended to insure impartial voting. Voter should not be intimidated nor swayed when they enter a polling station. Their minds should be made up and their voting should be without any pressure.






I actually think that is true. The GOP is trying to get it banned...they are scared. It really isn't a big deal though...you turn your shirt inside out and go vote...problem solved.





http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaki鈥?/a>
That is true. I am a poll worker. I can tell you that if you are obviously advertising for a candidate, then you will be required to cover up or remove that item in order to enter the polling location.
That is correct. Its called electioneering and is forbidden. You cannot campaign within a certain distance from the polls. People have a right to vote and do so without intimidation. If you want to vote then leave the t-shirt at home.
That's not true. You can wear whatever you want including a T-shirt with your candidates face on it. I don't have a website for you, I saw it on the nightly news a few days ago.
You may not be able to vote. I do know that you are not allowed to campaign, carry signs, etc., within so many feet of a voting place, so I imagine a shirt like that would not be allowed.
When going to voting there are usually tons of people standing around with signs and pictures trying to get you to vote for ';their'; person. I'd have to say this is totally false.
I believe there is a law that says you cannot campaign within 500 feet of polls. You can still vote, you just need to go home and change your shirt.
You can not wear a TSHIRT supporting your candidate to the polling station. Period.






you CAN be turned away. check with the your locals.





i mean if you wear it too vote.
its a free country we can wear do and say what we want...BUT i do think that you could be turned away for doing and saying certain things but not for wearing a tshirt... thats just dumb
My information says that you cannot have any political advertising within 100 yards of a polling place. I just heard it.
I remember when voting was private and people did not run around openly screaming who they were going to vote for.
I heard that also. Also, you cannot wear campaign buttons.
If they turn you away for that, it is a clear violation of your right to vote.
True. They say you won't be allowed to vote. My dad told me so I don't have a site for you.
no cause they consider that as campaigning
FALSE.
Pretty sure that one is true
Thats BS.
I think they are state laws
I read about it on Google news. It's something Republicans trying to pass, but they can't do that!
lol never thought of that . Id think so
THATS THE DUMBEST THING I EVER HEARD

No comments:

Post a Comment